Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baked Skinny Chicken & Veggie Pasta

I wanted to start off with some good news. I always dread the day of weighing in. Especially now that I am working out so much because it can get frustrating if you don't see a change. So when I got to the gym this morning I walked over and was pretty excited to see that I had lost 3 more pounds. So now all I have left is that last 10 pounds. I hear those are the hardest, so here I go... I am almost there!!
 
 
After I went to the zoo on Sunday I got to thinking what I could make for my lunch for the week. I wanted to of course try something that I had never made before so I went to the grocery store and just started pulling things that looked good. Here is what I came up with.

What you will need
1 spaghetti squash
3 large chicken breast
1 can of rotel tomatoes and green chilies
1/2 red pepper
1/2 large onion
oregano
italian seasoning
flax seed
low fat cottage cheese
skim mozzarella cheese
2 minced garlic cloves
 
 
Preheat oven to 400'
Once oven is ready put in your spaghetti squash and chicken (I put Italian  seasoning on both sides of the chicken)
 
Chop up all your veggies.

 
Start by sauteing your garlic with some extra virgin olive oil,

 
then your red pepper and onion.

 
While everything is cooking, in large bowl add 1 1/2 cups of low fat cottage cheese and 1 cup of skim mozzarella cheese.

 
Once your veggies are cooked add to large bowl. Don't forget your rotel ( I added a few jalapenos and hot sauce)

 
After your chicken is fully cooked pull apart into small pieces.

 
Then add your chicken and spaghetti squash to large bowl.
Mix well.

 
Then pour mixture into cooking dish.
Then sprinkle flax seed and mozzarella cheese to the top.

 
Cook for about 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy
(I have a stove from the 1900's so I don't like to give exact times because all stoves are different)

 
Then get ready, this is pretty tasty, you almost feel guilty for eating it :)

 
 
Week 4 Workout 1
 
Treadmill 20 minutes: 5 minutes 0 incline 4.5 mph- 5 minutes 0 incline 5.5 mph- 5 minutes 15 incline 4.5- 5 minutes 0 incline - 5 minutes 0 incline 6.0 mph
 
50 squats
25 mountain climbers
50 side lunges - both legs
25 jump squats
50 crunches
25 incline sit ups
25 upside down sit ups
25 push ups
 
10 minutes elliptical machine
 
Day 132:
Breakfast: smoothie (blueberries, spinach, 1 1/2 tbsp of pb, flax seed, almond milk, 1 banana and 2 ice cubes)
Snack: non fat yogurt
Lunch: Baked Skinny Chicken Veggie Pasta
Snack: a fresh peach and veggies with hummus
Dinner: went with the bf to our favorite thai place and had my usual garlic chicken and veggies with no rice.
 
81 days no diet mountain dew -35 days no soda
 
55 days till final goal -10 more pounds to go :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment