Thursday, June 27, 2013

Evening Routine

I am very much a routine girl. I am not very good with change and I like things done a certain way. From cleaning, to laundry, how I spend my time after work and even what I do at work. Really just about everything I do is some sort of routine. Especially when it is comes to my evenings. Now that I have started my healthy living lifestyle, it is very important that I bring my breakfast and lunch to work. I can't just run to pick food up anymore or eat in the cafe at work. So I wanted to share my evening routine with you because it has actually has become a habit which is good because now I am not ever tempted at work because I have healthy options with me.
 
I normally stop by the grocery store on the way home from work and pick up some fresh veggies and some other things I might need over the next few days.
 
Whenever I get home I always get out of my work clothes and put on something comfy. Then head straight to the kitchen.
 
Most of the time I make some sort of casserole or pasta (healthy ones) on Sunday to last me normally until Thursday so I don't really have to cook that much Monday thru Wednesday. But once my leftovers are finished I have to whip something up.
 
I decided that I was really craving turkey sausage and veggies
So I got to choppin:)

 
While that is cooking I go ahead and get my smoothie ready for the morning. I add everything but the banana and the light soy milk so it is ready to go in the morning.

 
I even sit my cup out (might sound crazy but if I do all this, it means I get more sleep)

 
After everything is cooked I put it in my tupperware.
Today for lunch I am having spaghetti squash with turkey sausage and veggies. I added Franks hot sauce for a little kick.

 
I also have 2 eggs mid morning everyday. I used to just get them at work but for 2 eggs it was $1.50. So me being the frugal person that I am cook them at night and just warm them up at work.

 
After everything is cooked and ready to go, I pack it up and put it in the fridge. That way all I have to do is grab it and go in the morning.

 
 
Workout
 
 
I think I am starting to get shin splints ( I used to get them when I played soccer) so I decided to let my legs rest this morning. Although I might try out a class called Body Pump after work. I had a blast doing zumba so I really want to try this one. I love switching up my workouts so I don't get bored. So I will share with you how it went if I end up doing it. (if not I will def. be working out in the morning.)
 
 
Day 134:
Breakfast: smoothie (spinach, 3 strawberries, a small handful of blueberries, 1 small banana, light soy milk and 2 ice cubes)
Snack: 2 medium eggs with skim mozzarella cheese
Lunch: spaghetti squash with turkey sausage, peppers and asparagus. mixed with garlic salt and franks hot sauce
Snack and pre workout snack:non fat yogurt - almonds with a few chunks of dark chocoate and a few yogurt covered peanuts
Dinner:
 
83 days no diet mountain dew -37 days no soda
 
53 days final goal

No comments:

Post a Comment