Monday, June 24, 2013

HollyWild

This was such a great weekend. Friday I just grilled out with some of my favorites and then went home and got a good nights rest. The next morning I woke up bright and early for my first zumba class at my gym. Wow...that was a workout. I got to the class early so I did some extra stuff but I'll explain that a little later. After that I knew I better eat some lunch because I was spending the rest of the day at the pool.
 
This was such a delicious salad.
Turkey sausage, grilled peppers, parm cheese, romaine lettuce, low fat ceasar yogurt dressing and sriracha hot sauce.
 Afterwards I just laid by the pool with friends and enjoyed myself.
Then of course, we all grilled out again that night.
This time I had a turkey burger with sriracha, grilled peppers and asparagus.
 
Now the next day was the best part of the weekend. The bf and I decided to have a date day. So we went to lunch and then to HollyWild. It is a safari and petting zoo. This kind of stuff brings out the kid in me. So I wanted to share with you some of our adventures with the wild.
 
These were our cool rides on the safari (actually they were extremely hot)

 
Such a beautiful day for a safari ride.

 
They called this their unicorn, see how it only has one horn in the middle of it's head. (they told us the real name but unicorn is much more fun)

 
These guys had the longest tongues. I defiantly had to get used them.

 
Posing for this picture was a little scary. Kept thinking they were going to think my fingers were crackers. (dying of heat at this point)

 

 
Here are the camels. They said that we couldn't feed them because they keep them separate because they can spit balls the size of softballs. I'm good I don't need that in my face :)
 
Made the bf pose by the talking parrot,

 
and the hippo.

 
And of course I had to ride the hippo.

 
More posing :)
 
 

 
See they even wanting to pose.

 
 
We had a blast feeding all the animals, (even though our hands didn't smell the best by the end of the day, it was worth it.)

 
Now these fellers we didn't feed but they were the best animals to watch. If you can see at the top of the picture one bear was taking a bath.



 
I then found this guy. If you know me you know  I love turtles. I don't think this guy would fit in my purse so I couldn't sneak off with him :)

 
I forget what the name of this animal was but they were beautiful. This one was laying on her eggs.

 
Then we got to the lions and tigers. (ohmy)It was so neat to watch them (from far away) They look like such gentle animals, well until they eat you for dinner.

 
Then we get to the monkeys,


 
This little one was my favorite.
He was the size of my fist.

 
I had never seen an albino peacock.

 
They were clearly hungry.

 
I think they got the weirdest looking animal for the day. (the white one had buck teeth)

 
She was showing off. Aren't they beautiful.


 
This zebra was the luckiest animal at the park because I still had 1/2 bag of food and he got it all because it was time to go.

 
One last picture. I have to say it is my favorite :)
 
 
Week 3 Workout 4
bicycle 10 minutes
zumba 1 hour
arm and abs workout 15 minutes
 
 
Day 129:
Breakfast: 2 eggs
Lunch: turkey  sausage, grilled peppers, parm cheese, romaine lettuce, low fat ceasar yogurt dressing and sriracha hot sauce.
Dinner: turkey burger (no bun), sriracha hot sauce, grilled peppers, asparagus
 
 
Day 130:
Breakfast: skip
Lunch: we ate at Ryans where I had terryaki chicken with pineapple, a little coleslaw, salad, cabbage, fish and green beans. (small portions of all)
Snack: snow cone at the zoo, it was my cheat for the weekend but it was sooo hot I needed it.
Dinner: 1 turkey burger (no bun) and some of my Baked Skinny Chicken and Veggie Pasta. (make sure you check out tomorrow for step by step recipe)
 
 
Day 131:
Breakfast smoothie: spinach, banana, 1 1/2 tbsp of pb, light soy milk, 2 icecubes
Snack: 2 eggs with 1 tsp of sugar free syrup and skim cheese
Lunch: Baked Skinny Chicken and Veggie Pasta
Snack: fresh peach and mixed nuts
Dinner: salad with romaine lettuce, skim cheese, tuna, low fat ceasar yogurt, sriracha & a side of turkey sausage with peppers and onions
Then later I got a little hungry so I had a side of spaghetti squash with a tbsp of pizza sauce and skim cheese
 
 
80 days no diet mountain dew - 34 days no soda (excpet for a few sips from the bf's drink at the zoo because I was dying of thirst)

56 days till final goal: weigh in day tomorrow eeekkk
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment