Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Slimming Chocolate Chip Cookies

I wanted to start of by mentioning Catherine, a very impressive/sweet blogger. She has a health blog that everyone should check out. http://rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com/weight-loss/. I had posted previously about a very special cause called United Luv and was very impressed when I purchased a decal they mailed a handwritten thank you note with it. Well it didn't stop there. Catherine's blog is where I learned about the cause and on Monday I received this in the mail.


She not only wrote me a handwritten note to thank me for supporting but also included one of her recipes (that I have already tried and loved) and an adorable carrot charm. Just goes to show how passionate they all are about their cause and it makes me want to do anything I can to support them. Once again go check out the United Luv website http://www.unitedluv.com/ and Catherine's blog.


Now to a yummy recipe

Last night once I got home from dinner, I had somewhat of a sweet tooth. Now I rarely have a sweet tooth these days but I knew I wanted something to satisfy it right then. So I started looking through  my kitchen because I knew I didn't want to get out and buy anything so then it hit me. I would try to make homemade healthy chocolate chip cookies. In the past I had made pancakes out of a banana and so I thought hmmm maybe a banana would work in a cookie. So I got all my ingredients together not knowing if it would work but in the end my sweet was totally satisfied.

 
What you will need
2 bananas
1 cups of oats
 handful of dark chocolate chips
1 egg
 
 
 
Start by preheating your oven to 350'
 
Then you want to begin by mashing up your bananas ( I find it easiest to do it on a flat plate and then put in a bowl)
Then add the rest of your ingredients to the bowl.
Once completely mixed,

 
Roll into little balls on cookie sheet and stick into the oven. (The will be very gooey)


Cook for about 15 minutes or until you can stick a knife in the middle and nothing sticks.
Then let cool for about 10 minutes,
 

 
then you can satisfy that sweet tooth.
All the leftovers I put in a tupperware and put in the fridge to enjoy later.

 
YUM!
 
Make sure you check out tomorrow for my step by step Spicy Hummus Recipe!!
 
 
I once again went to the gym at 6 am before work. This is making me pretty proud of myself because it sure is hard to get out of my warm comfy bed to go sweat :)
 
Week 1 Workout 2 
Today's workout:
15 minutes on the bike (set on fat burn)
10 minutes on the treadmill (set on 10 incline at 3.5)
10 minutes of abs
10 minutes of arms
Total: 45 minutes
 
 
Day 113:
Post workout: Smoothie (handful of spinach, 2 tablespoons of PB, handful of strawberries and almond milk)
Breakfast: 2 eggs with hot sauce
Snack: banana
Lunch: turkey sausage pasta with spaghetti squash &  side salad with skim cheese and low fat cesar yogurt dressing
Snack: mixed nuts
Dinner: the bf and I went to eat at a Mexican restaurant( I LOVE MEXICAN) we shared the Fajitas for two. So instead of using a tortilla I made a mexican salad. ( and yes I stayed away from the chips and salsa, believe me it was hard)
 
 
62 days no diet mountain dew- 16 days no soda


No comments:

Post a Comment