Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Gettin Closer and Closer

Everyday I get closer and closer to my final goal. When I started this blog and my LittleBlueDress challenge I never imagined I would come as far as I have. I have honestly never been so proud of the things that I have accomplished. I have given up soda, signed up for my 1st 5k (Sept, 14th), lost and keep losing weight and have gotten into the gym and actually enjoy it now. This journey hasn't been easy there are so many times where I just wanted to say whatever and eat that pizza or not cook a healthy dinner and get fast food and defiantly not get up at 5:45 am to go to the gym. But this blog has helped me set goals and keep me accountable. This is the first time in my life that I am actually more focused on getting "healthy" not "skinny". It's a great feeling!
 
Now to my dinner last night. I was going over to have dinner with the bf's parents for the last night that they were there. I was smart this time because I asked what they were cooking before hand.  They were having fried pork chops, cabbage, green beans, corn,  corn bread and beer butt chicken. I knew I could eat the veggies and the chicken so before I left my apartment I chopped up some romaine lettuce and threw some skim cheese on it and grabbed my low fat yogurt dressing. So I made me a grilled chicken salad and had some corn and cabbage. It was a pretty fantastic dinner.
 (cabbage not pictured)
 
 
Now to my workout this morning :)
It was super hard to get out of bed this morning, I hit the snooze button which I normally never do. So I got to the gym a little late. But it actually pushed me to not rest in between reps.This meant I left literally dripping sweat.
 
Week 8 Workout 2
 
(All ab workouts were done 3 times)
 
I kicked the 1.5 miles butt today, just saying!
 
 
Day 161:
Post workout smoothie: strawberries, 1 small banana, almond milk and 2 ice cubes
Breakfast: 2 eggs with skim cheese and a tsp of sugar free syrup and 25 almonds
Lunch: Mexican Lettuce wraps (without the lettuce)
Snack: non fat yogurt and beef jerky
Dinner: Thai chicken and veggies
 
110 days no diet mountain dew- 64 days no soda
 
26 days final goal
 
53 days 1st 5k
 


No comments:

Post a Comment