Monday, July 22, 2013

Meixcan Lettuce Wraps

This weekend went by way too fast. Don't they always? The bf's parents came to visit so we did what we do best, grill, shop and lounge around. Although since my eating habits have changed I have had to make my own food because like I have previously said they aren't the healthiest eaters. So last night they had baked spaghetti full of cream cheese, sour cream, more cheese and all the good stuff. So I stopped by the store to get me something to eat. I have been wanting to try veggie crumbles forever so I thought it was the best time. So I mixed it with grilled peppers and marinara sauce and had a side of sweet potato fries with a tbsp of ketchup. The veggie meat was pretty good. It would be really good in chili.

 
Now to my lunch for the week.
When I went to Charlotte last weekend, I went to The Cheesecake Factory and had some Mexican lettuce wraps  and I haven't been able to get them off my mind. So I decided I would make some and I have to say they were quiet tasty.
 
What you will need
ground chicken
low sodium taco seasoning
salsa
no salt added corn
organic black beans (drained)
veggie quinoa
lettuce
 
 
Start by browning your ground chicken and cooking your quinoa. Then add corn, black beans, seasoning, salsa and quinoa to the meat. You will have to add a little bit of water.

 
Once everything is fully cooked. Get ready to stuff your lettuce.

 
I then sprinkled it will some reduced fat cheese. Then wrapped it up and stuffed my face :)
I have to say these are fabulous.
 
 
Week 7 Workout 4
 
On Saturday it was a perfect day to run outside. Plus I slept late and I am not a fan when the gym is packed. So I measured out 1.25 miles and got ready. I started out with the mind set that no matter what I wasn't going to walk but knowing the last .06 is uphill made me a little nervous. But I pushed through and made it. Now by September 14th I will have to be able to do it 3 times. (whew) This week I am adding .25 so I will be up to 1.50 miles. (basically halfway)
 
50 jumping jack
20 squats
20 push ups
12 burpees
50 crunches
20 lunges (both legs)
50 calf raises
1 min. wall sit
1 min. plank
50 crunches
50 jumping jacks
 
Day 157:
Breakfast: egg whites and 2 pieces of chicken sausage
Lunch: (ate breakfast pretty late)
Dinner: 1 small steak
 
Day 158:
Breakfast: deli ham and almonds
Lunch: 1 Mexican Lettuce Wrap
Snack: Naked Popcorn
Dinner: Veggie meat with grilled peppers and marinara with a side of sweet potato fries and 1 tbsp of ketchup, a few bite of spaghetti sauce, 1 tbsp of pb, and a weight watchers smoothie popscile.
 
Day 159:
Breakfast: Smoothie (strawberries, 1 small banana, almond milk, 2 ice cubes)
Snack: 2 eggs with hot sauce
Lunch: Mexican lettuce wraps and a side of sweet potato fries.
Snack: non fat yogurt
Dinner: Like I mentioned the bf's parents are in town so I went over to hang out with them and have dinner. Buuuttt when I got there they had ordered pizza. So I decided to just have a sweet potato for dinner.
 
108 days no diet mountain dew- 62 days no soda
 
28 days final goal
 
55 days 1st 5k
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment