Monday, July 1, 2013

Skinny Quinoa Jambalaya

This weekend the bf and I got to hangout with two of our good friends that we haven't seen in a while. So all day Saturday was filled with laying out, playing corn hole and just catching up with each other. Later that evening we all decided we were craving Low Country Boil. (I knew at that point that it was going to have to be a cheat day). So the boys went to the grocery store and got everything we would need to have the best Low Country Boil ever. You can't tell me this doesn't look delicious.


After our bellies were stuffed we decided to call it a day and I headed home.
 
 
The next day I started to think what I could cook for lunch for the week. When all the sudden a commercial for some restaurant came on for jambalaya. I thought to myself. I could easily cook a healthy version of that and I haven't had it in forever.
 
 
So here we go.
 
What you will need
1 package of the easy make quinoa
3 large chicken breast
3/4 package of turkey sausage
 1/2 onion
1 red pepper
1 zucchini
garlic salt
Cajun seasoning
1/2 can crushed tomatoes
1 can fat free chicken broth
 
 
 
I started by sauteing my veggies (just a little)

 
Then I add the veggies, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, turkey sausage and all seasoning (cooking on low)

 
While that is cooking on low I cooked my chicken ( I started out baking it but that was going to take to long and I was exhausted from the weekend so I cooked it on the stove)


 
While my chicken was finishing up, I cooked the quinoa.
 
I then added the chicken and
 

 
quinoa. I turned up to high for about 10 minutes and then turned back to low/warm for about 30 minutes. (stirring occasionally)
 

 
Then I made me a bowl to enjoy!

 
 
Day 136:
Breakfast: skip
Lunch: grilled catfish with green beans and side salad
Snack: snow cone (cheat day)
Dinner: Low Country Boil: Sausage, crab legs, corn and potatoes (cheat day)
 
 
Day 137:
Breakfast: skip
Lunch: Chinese buffet with the bf: miso soup, bourbon chicken, broccoli, pork and onions
Dinner: grilled chicken salad with low fat dressing
Dessert: I was craving something sweet so I had a spoonful of reduced fat pb
 
 
Day 138:
Breakfast: smoothie (strawberry cheesecake and yes it is low fat, I will be sharing it tomorrow)
Snack: 2 medium eggs
Lunch: Skinny Quinoa Jambalaya
Snack:non fat yogurt and mixed nuts
Dinner: went to eat at O'Charleys with the bf and had a grilled chicken, spinach, green apple, pecan salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing (amazing) later that night I had a few bites of my jambalaya as I was preparing my lunch (gotta stop doing that)
 
 
87 days no diet mountain dew - 41 days no soda
 
49 days till final goal- I slacked off this weekend with my workouts because I was so busy and had a cheat day. So I am defiantly gonna have to kick it up this week.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment