Thursday, August 15, 2013

Mashed Cauliflower and a Light Workout

 
I have had many people tell me about  mashed cauliflower and how much it resembles mashed potatoes. If you know me, as a child I was a mashed potato maniac. (this might be why I never got rid of my "baby fat" ha) Anyways. I really wanted to try these last night but wasn't really in the mood to cook myself some big dinner. So I stopped by Fresh Market and picked up a rotisserie chicken. I normally get them at Bi-Lo (cheaper) but I guess it was chicken night and they were all out. But while I was at Bi-lo I went ahead and got everything I would need for my mashed cauliflower.

 
What you will need
1 bag of frozen cauliflower (you can use fresh, this is just easier)
fat free chicken broth
minced onion
garlic salt
crushed red pepper
very small slice of 2% milk Velveeta cheese
 
 
Start by putting the cauliflower in a microwavable bowl. Fill the bottom with your chicken broth. Just enough to fill the bottom. Then add your seasonings. Let cook for about 10 mins.

 
Once the cauliflower is soft put in blender. You might have to add a little more chicken broth if it is to dry because it won't blend well.

 
Then warm up on the stove and add your small slice of cheese.

 
Once it was warm and the cheese is melted,
 
ENJOY!!

 
I can't get over how quick it took to make these and they were so good! This will definitely be my new go to, quick yet healthy dinner. ( I used 75% less sugar ketchup)
 
Week 11 Workout 3
 
My knee has been bothering me this week so I didn't want to go to crazy during my workout this morning but I also didn't want to be one of those girls that just walks around the gym acting like they are doing something. (you know the type, they ones with full makeup on at 6am) Anyways I decided that I would skip my running today because I want to do some outside training  this weekend. So my workout consisted of:
 
10 minutes fat burning level on the bike
20 minutes on the elliptical (5 mins. forward 5 min. backward and so on)
20 minutes full body weights
10 times 3 incline sit ups
10 time 3 reverse sit ups
( not my normal sweaty workout but it was still very effective)
 
 
Day 183:
Breakfast: 1 egg mixed with substitute egg
Snack: 20 almonds, 2 yogurt covered peanuts and 4 tiny pieces of dark chocolate
Lunch: Turkey, squash, quinoa casserole and skinny sloppy joes. (small serving of both)
Snack: mashed cauliflower, got hungry later in the day and had a thinkthin bar
Dinner: Thai (chicken and veggies) I made my brother and dad a cookie cake and brownies and not gonna lie I had a few bites :) I couldn't resist.
 
 
132 days no diet mountain dew- 91 days no soda
 
4 days till final goal
 
15 days till vaca
 
30 days till 1st 5k
 


No comments:

Post a Comment