Monday, August 12, 2013

Turkey, Squash, Quinoa Casserole

 
As you have probably figured out I love making casseroles for my lunches for the week. A lot of people when they think about casseroles think they are unhealthy and full of fat. But you can make healthy casseroles. I know I was just as shocked when I learned this myself. Now I am pretty obsessed. So when I was thinking what I was going to cook for this week the first thing that popped in my head was my Aunt Kay's squash casserole. I have made a healthy version in the past but I wanted to make it this time with a little twist. If it was going to be my lunch for the week I knew I would have to add a little meat to it. So this is what I came up with.

What you will need
ground turkey
3 cans of squash
veggie quinoa
1% low fat cottage cheese
reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese


 
Preheat oven 350'
 
Start by cooking your ground turkey and quinoa.
Once they are fully cooked,

 
Mix all ingredients together into large mixing bowl.
(I used 1 cup of reduced fat sharp cheese and 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese)
(I also added substitute egg)

 
Then place all ingredients in baking dish.

 
Let cook for about 25 minutes. Stick a fork in the middle of the casserole. If it doesn't stick sprinkle cheese on the top. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted on top.

 
Then enjoy your healthy, filling Turkey, Squash, Quinoa Casserole!!

 
 
Day 178:
Breakfast: skip
Lunch: chicken and veggies
Dinner: Mexican fajitas. Chicken, shrimp, beef on a salad with a few spoonfuls of beans.
 
Day 179:
Breakfast: skip
Lunch: Turkey, squash, quinoa casserole
Snack: 2 pumpkin muffins
Dinner: Salad with reduced fat cheese, low fat yogurt dressing and a small side of turkey, squash, quinoa casserole
 
Day 180:
Breakfast: 2eggs with sugar free syrup
Snack: 20 almonds with 4 tiny squares of dark chocolate
Lunch: turkey, squash, quinoa casserole
Snack: 2 pumpkin muffins
Dinner: Sirlion tips with low fat gravy, side salad with lowfat yogurt dressing, and sweet potato fries.
 
 
129 days no diet mountain dew- 83 days no soda
 
7 days till ultimate goal
 
18 days till vaca
 
33 days till 1st 5k



No comments:

Post a Comment