Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11 Remembrance

Today may everyone remember all the military, police, firefighters and all the others that lost their lives on this day and be thankful for all the military, police and firefighters that serve or have served so that we can live in the best place in the world. I am blessed to have a Veteran/hero in my everyday life.
Thank you bf you are an amazing man!
 
Thank you to all!!
 
 
 GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
 
 
 
A few weeks ago I made a healthy southwestern meatloaf and it turned out quiet delish. So last night I decided to make a traditional healthy meatloaf. It is so funny that I actually eat meatloaf. I had never had it a day in my life until I met the bf and when I first saw it I was definitely not into it. I didn't understand why people would eat just meat and ketchup. Oh but it is so much more than that:)
 
What you will need
 
Lean sirloin beef
1/2 onion (chopped)
1/2 cup of oats
McCormick's meatloaf packet (low sodium)
reduced sugar ketchup ( I swear you can't tell a difference, you decided how much you want)
crushed red pepper
oregano
garlic salt
2 eggs
 
Preheat oven 375'

 
Mix everything in a large mixing bowl
 
 
Then place in baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes (or until browned, check middle)

 
Add ketchup to the top (this looks like I used a lot of ketchup but it was just a thin layer)
Then bake for another 15ish minutes.
Once again check the center to make sure it is fully cooked all the way through.

 
I then enjoyed my very Southern meal.
Skinny Sirloin Meatloaf with a side of cabbage.

 
 
Day 207:
Breakfast: eggs with salsa
Snack: 25 almonds
Lunch: the rest of my tuna bake and a side of sweet potato noodles and marinara sauce.
Snack: go to bar.
Dinner: leftover meatloaf and cabbage with a side salad with low fat yogurt dressing. (icey pop)
 
159 days no diet mountain dew
 
4 days till 2nd 5k
 
205 days till 1st 10k
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment