Friday, September 20, 2013

My Parents Begin Their Journey

Both of my parents have retired and now they are just enjoying their lives without screaming kids running around the house, (their is four of us), running all over town to get us to all of our practices, daddy taking all of his business trips, momma making sure we finish all our homework and cooking dinner. Throughout my childhood I can only remember happy times and smiling faces from both of my parents. They never showed any struggle or any fights in front of us. (come on all parents fight sometimes) I am lucky enough to have parents that no matter what love each other unconditionally. My dad I can say is one the hardest workers I have ever met. I can only strive to be as successful as he is. My mother on the other hand is a super woman at being a mom. I can only hope to be as good of a mom as she is. Now that my dad has retired they are able to do things that they were never able to do with all of us kids spending all their money. They have bought a house in Florida so they can finally sit back and relax and believe me they deserve it. Both of my parents are very active people, they always have been. So they are always looking for new adventures and boy have they found one!
 
Aren't they cuties?
 
 
 
 
 
Today my parents began their journey across the US in a camper. (we're from the mountains people, you know we love to camp)
When I got to thinking about what I wanted to post about today they automatically popped in my head. I thought 1st who in the world could spend an entire month in a camper with someone else. I would go crazy I think but not my parents. Out of everyone I know they still have that look in each others eyes that I bet they had when they first met. Sometimes it kind of grosses me out how much they love each other. But then I am thankful because I have been raised to know what a true loving marriage is like. I know that know matter what my parents will always stick by each others side. Honestly I look up to my parents more than anything in the world. They are my rock. Anytime I have a struggle or something exciting happens I go to them. Isn't it funny how we change through the years?
 
 
I just spoke to them to wish them safe travels and they said they would send me a picture of where they are every night. So I am going to be sharing their journey with ya'll! Hey you might realize they are in your town. Anyways I wish them the best time ever and I pray that they are safe. I love you guys!
 
And they are off!!
 
 
Their first stop: Tom Sawyer Campground in Arkansas



Day 216:
Breakfast: skip
Lunch: spaghetti squash with low sugar marinara and skim mozzarella cheese
Snack: grapes
Dinner: spagetti squash with low sugar marinara and skim mozz chesse and a small amount a bbq

166 days no diet mountain dew

Next 5k Oct 12th or 19th

18 days till new goal weight: (4 more pounds what what)

196 days till 1st 10k

No comments:

Post a Comment