Tuesday, January 7, 2014

National Championship Game 2014, Reasons to Get Exercise Daily and My Fitness Mission

 
Last night was the big game. AUBURN VS. FSU!! I was super excited and looking for Auburn to pull off another miracle. My momma said God was on Auburn side this year. So I got everything I needed on this very cold night to watch the game. Fuzzy pj’s, a fuzzy blanket, fuzzy slippers, vanilla candles, and of course a big bowl of ice cream. A big bowl of ice-cream? Yes you heard me correctly.
 
I had no sugar added pecan ice cream. Then I got sugar free werther's originals and crunched them up and sprinkled them on top. Who said you couldn’t have a low calorie dessert.
 
 

Now I mentioned yesterday that today’s post is going to be all about fitness. The next thing I am going to share is 5 reasons it is important to get daily exercise.

1.       The number one reason to exercise is that it will keep you healthy.

2.       Another important reason to exercise daily is that it will help you to lose weight.

3.       Daily exercise will also help you to feel better.

4.       One of the benefits of daily exercise that most people don't think about is that it can really help you to sleep.

5.       Perhaps the best reason to exercise daily is that it is fun.
Now that I have changed my lifestyle I have learned how important it is to get some sort of daily exercise. Over the past year I have challenged myself with workouts and really started to enjoy them. But then November and December happened and let’s just say my workouts kind of died. The past 2 months I can tell that I haven’t had as much energy as I did when I was exercising regularly.  I would post about getting back to workouts but in the end I just didn’t. But now I know that to have the energy that I once had and feel great every day I have to get back to it. The reason I share my workouts is to keep me accountable. It makes me feel like if I don’t do it then I am not only lying to myself but to all of ya’ll. And what good does that do. So I will be sharing some great new workouts in the future and I would love if you would share some as well in the comments. We all struggle with getting to the gym so why not help each other out? I have been saying for weeks now that I want to run a half marathon. So......

This year I have decided my most important goal (well other than staying healthy) is to run a half marathon.  Does anyone want to join? Let me know if you find a good plan!
 
Also I wanted to share my strength training workout. This is an awesome workout that I found on Pintrest and I will definitely do it at least once a week.




All in all I am super excited about the year to come. After the best year of my life and becoming the person I have always tried so hard to be, I know that I can only improve. I hope you will all continue to follow my journey to a healthier, happier lifestyle. Keep me accountable, ask questions, and let me know your goals.






 
Day 8, Operation I'm getting marrrried!
Breakfast: 1 egg with salsa and fat free cottage cheese
Snack: 25 almonds
Lunch: broccoli and cheese soup. (my low cal recipe)
Snack: salmon salad
pre-workout- protein bar
Dinner: Spicy, Cheesy Stuffed Chicken
 
Day 9 no soda
157 days till final goal and getting hitched

 
Today's Questions
What are your goals for 2014?
Have you ever run a half marathon, what would be your advice?
Please leave your comments below, I'd love to read them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment