Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Eating Healthy at Work & Skinny Crockpot Chili

Today I have a couple of things to share including a new recipe. YAY!! But first I want to start with today’s snack. My work caters in food all the time but most of the time it is in no way healthy. From the PF Changs, Southern Cooking, BBQ, Chips & Dips, Cupcakes, Ice cream, I could go on and on. Every once in a while I will get lucky and they will have a healthy snack like fruit & hummus & veggies. This morning they had Panera catered and I was pretty excited because this is what I came up with.

 
They had fresh fruit and also Mediterranean Egg White Sandwiches. So I simply just took off the bread/cheese and had eggs white, spinach and tomatoes. So tasty.
 
Next I wanted to share my new “Skinny Crockpot Chili” recipe.
 
 
What you will need:
 1 Rotisserie Chicken (only use the white meat)
Turkey sausage (diced)
1 Large can of organic tomato sauce
1 large can of chili beans ( I will probably use 1 small can next time for less calories)
Crushed red pepper ( you decide how spicy you want it) Fresh Parm Cheese (20 calories per 2 tbsp)
 
All you have to do is throw it all in a you crockpot, add a little bit of water and let cook on low for a few hours. Then it is ready to serve! See so easy & healthy!!
 
Tomorrow I will be sharing some new workout goals & also the new walking challenge at work I joined. Happy Tuesday Blogger Friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment