Wednesday, August 6, 2014

So Quiche!!!


Last night while the hubster was playing golf I decided to whip something up in the kitchen while of course watching a Law and Order marathon. I already have lunch for this week, (See my chili recipe from yesterday) so I figured I would try out a breakfast recipe.

This past weekend one of my best friends got married so before the wedding we all went to a bridal brunch. There was so many yummies but there was one thing that was absolutely delicious. It was a bacon & veggie quiche. Now there was no way this was healthy but I asked my friends mom all the ingredients and it hit me I should totally make a healthy version. So here I go.
 
What you will need: This will make 4 servings
5 eggs

1 small red pepper

Handful of fresh chopped spinach

Handful of sundried tomatoes

¾ cup fat free cottage cheese

½ cup fat free sour cream

6 pieces of turkey bacon
Start by cooking your turkey bacon and preheat your oven to 350’. While that is cooking chop your veggies.
 
 
Once your turkey bacon is cooked chop it as well.
 
 
Once everything is prepared, mix all ingredients in medium sized mixing bowl.
 
 
Once mixed, pour in baking dish.
 
 
I kind of got distracted while watching Law and Order so I am not really sure how long I cooked it for. Just check it periodically and you will know it’s ready when the middle is no longer runny. 
 
 
 
After it is cooked, ENJOY!! This is great for my breakfasts at work.
 

 

Next I wanted to share a challenge I just started. My office is pretty large so they sometimes have different challenges for healthy living. On Monday they started the walking challenge. I am on a team with 4 other girls I work closely with and our team name is Sole Sisters. Clever right?
Our goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day which equals out to 5 miles a day. This will go on for the full month so let’s see if our team can win!! Go team SOLE SISTERS!!

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment