Thursday, January 24, 2013

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I feel absolutely wonderful today. Last night as I was going to bed I started a new book called "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff." Oh boy did that hit home for me. So many times a day I find myself stressing out and worrying about things that in reality do not matter and it just makes the situation worse. This book really opened my eyes that I cause most of the drama and stress in my life and if I simply swept away the things that are not important that won't matter a year from now than I would live a much simpler life.

Here is a quote from the book that really touched me
 
“Something wonderful begins to happen with the simple realization that life, like an automobile, is driven from the inside out, not the other way around. As you focus more on becoming more peaceful with where you are, rather than focusing on where you would rather be, you begin to find peace right now, in the present. Then, as you move around, try new things, and meet new people, you carry that sense of inner peace with you. It's absolutely true that, "Wherever you go, there you are.” 



Day 4:
Breakfast: non fat frozen yogurt (man I love the idea to freeze yogurt at night)
Lunch: taco leftover soup (yeap I am not sick of it yet)
Snack: sugar-free strawberry jello & non-salted sunflower seeds
Dinner: I grilled some chicken with hot sauce and put it on a bed of fresh cabbage and a handful of turkey pepperoni

 
Things I need to remember daily
Pinned Image

 

No comments:

Post a Comment